Hey Hey Hey!
I am welcoming June first with open arms. I love June. You see, June is my birthday month. I usually look at my birthday just like how the world looks at January 1st. Its a new year and a new me! I typically re-evaluate where my life is and how I am feeling emotionally, physically and spiritually more at the turn of my birth date than at any other time of year.
I have been reflecting all morning and I am happy to say I have definitely grown a whole lot in this past year. It has not been easy (at times I wanted to give up), but knowing what I went through and where I am today would make me travel that journey 20 times over :)
Emotionally, I am in a great place. I have had the upmost amazing pleasure to get to know the members at BAWS. You guys have positively impacted my life in such a short amount of time and have helped me grow. I have been finally been able to create my dream. To many, this may seem like it has been a short process for me because I am young, but I have been chomping at the bit to have my own studio for 12 years now. I have been teased with having my own studio a couple of times and things fell through which only made me want it more. I once would question the big man upstairs, doubt myself and have negative self talk. I believe you are given rough patches in your life to make you stronger, fight for what you believe and to get to the good life. I am well aware I will have some more rough patches ahead of me, but for right now, life is sweet and I love to be able to share my life, knowledge and experiences with all of you!
Physically, I am always pushing my limits and trying new exercises or messing around with my diet. I am thrilled to be doing pilates more as I can tell a huge difference in my core strength and ahem..butt..ahem. I have also come across a real cool community and exercise style that focus on functional movements. It is called Crossfit. I was certified in September and feel it has given me more knowledge and background to help all of you in BAWS. I only want more out of myself. I am going to stick to the paleo lifestyle because I feel my body responds awesome to this and I feel wonderful when I don't eat sugar. I definitely have to tighten the reigns on the eating, but that is one of my goals for the year ;)
Spiritually, I have found that where I am today is exactly where I should be. I am not a day late and a dollar short. I am not one foot in the door and one foot out. I am going to be okay. I am strong and I have been given all the tools I am suppose to have to shine. I have realized that sometimes you find yourself stuck on a little raft in the middle of the ocean with only half of your rescue bag. Someone wants to see how you bad you want to survive and how well you devise your plan, work it, and conquer with out giving up. I have learned to not quit. It gets you no where, fast.
My goals for my new year:
1. Believe in myself
2. Stop beating myself up for little things that really don't matter in life
3. Focus hard on BAWS
4. Continue eating Paleo with less slip ups
5. Continue learning
I'll shut up now ;)
Breakfast was an egg, chicken and a small handful of walnuts
Lunch was avocado, a turkey burger and kale chips
Dinner will be two small orange peppers stuffed with tuna fish
I also have a chocolate protein pudding waiting for me when I get home from Yoga!
Do you have goals for the month of June??



No comments:
Post a Comment