Sunday, April 10, 2011

Apple Cupcakes

The Food Rules Challenge is going pretty well for me, but I must admit... it is no walk in the park.  I find I am taking more time during the week to cook and prepare my meals which can sometimes be difficult on a tight time schedule, however, I truly am appreciating the benefits of all the chopping and mindfulness that is involved.  My pants are a little looser, my skin has a simple glow to it and my stomach feels less bloated.  I was really in the mood for something sweet yesterday, but after looking at my eats during the previous week, I already had 4 of my indulgent meals.  What to do.... ?  I stumbled across a woman named Angela Liddon on the internet who makes simple treats the healthy way.  I saw a picture of her Apple Cupcakes and I knew my sweet tooth would be satisfied while sticking within the Food Rules guidelines.  Yesssss...
-Cut an apple in half and core it.
-Heat 2 tbsp of any nut butter you wish (I used my homemade Maple Almond Cinnamon butter) and a small pad of butter in the microwave for 30 secs... mix well
-Place butter mix in the center of the apple and sprinkle any type of topping... I used granola and cocoa nibs.
-Perfect for kids too!

No comments:

Post a Comment