1. BAWS will be closed tomorrow, WED 4/27 and THURS 4/28. Heating and AC are getting fixed.
2. Food Rules Challenge will still be on Thursday night 4/28 at 7:15pm (last one)
3. FREE YOGA (!!) with BAWS's new yoga instructor next Wednesday night 5/4/11 at 7pm
4. Month of May- $120 unlimited classes for you and significant other/friend/sister/brother
We have another gorgeous day... yes! I hope you all make the best of it.
I wanted to show you what my bags look like when I leave the food store every week. Kris Carr said it best in her book Crazy, Sexy Diet... "Whole Foods is my pharmacy." She has stage IV cancer and has completely prevented it from spreading because she drastically changed her diet from the Standard American Diet to a healthy vegetable based one. She is one of my role models.
I obviously agree with her. I believe 90% of the time you can heal yourself from any injury, disease, stress, etc from a nice clean diet and some exercise. I shop at either Whole Foods or Fresh Market because truthfully, I love the environment in both places, they help out the community and I like how fresh all their produce and meats are.
Let's take a look at my goods. (Eggs, free range chicken and turkey are already in my fridge...didn't need to buy them.)
Vanilla protein powder packet, Almond milk, pre cut veggies, tomato garden vegetable soup, baby eggplant, greek yogurt (0% and 2%), baby spinach, strawberries, coconut water and....
because my sweet tooth gets in the way sometimes and I wanted some cheese, but try not to have too much dairy, I got 2 dark chocolate truffles and an individual pack of cheddar cheese.
Tip- Don't go shopping hungry. You will buy unnecessary things.
Remember BAWS's pyramid... Eat mostly Veggies, lean meats and eggs, healthy fats, some fruits, little starch, little dairy and no sugar. (I find it hard to completely cut out sugar so I do treat myself now and then)
My meals thus far for the day until dinnah.
Greek yogurt, coconut, strawberries and cocoa nibs
Garden vegetable soup and a chicken thigh
Vanilla Cinnamon Banana Smoothie
I hope taking a look at my food bags have helped you for your next trip to the store. You don't have to mirror me because we may have different tastes, but just remember to fill up on lots of colorful foods. No beige ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment