Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pan Fried Coconut Chicken

Afternoon'!  Hope this muggy/rainy weather isn't bringing your mood down.  I'm not letting it affect me... I was just in the kitchen making an awesome batch of pan fried coconut chicken.  Lip smackin' good ;)  But first... my breakfast.

2 scrambled eggs with a cup of fresh chopped veggies sauteed in light olive oil



Now, the chicken... 
I chose to cook with dark meat today... a rare thing, but that's what I was feeling.
-Chicken Thighs, tossed in 2 egg yolks, rolled in coconut flour (whole foods), and pan fried in coconut oil.  *Before you pan fry in coconut oil and after you put the flour on, you can also roll the chicken in unsweetened coconut.  I would have done this, but I only had sweetened coconut and did not want the extra sugar.*



The result is a tender, juicy, slightly sweet piece of chicken.


I paired my serving of poultry with fresh zucchini, a purple onion ring, and a portobello mushroom

Yes, this dish is a little heavy on the healthy fats, but if you are watching your carbohydrate intake and sugars, you will be golden.
This dish is meant to be made... try it out :)
*Last FRC tonight at 7:15*

No comments:

Post a Comment