Thursday, April 14, 2011

Soft Serve Scrumptious Sundaes

 OH. MY.




I was working out on the treadmill this morning before having my breakfast.  Needless to say, my stomach starting to grumble and my mind could not stop thinking about what to have for breakfast.  I have been trying to have savory things in the morning (mostly eggs and veggies), but my sweet tooth started to kick in.  What do you make in the morning that is healthy, sweet (but not too sweet), packed with protein, fat and some complex carbs since I just worked out?  Hmmm...
Soft Serve Sundaes... or you can call them Yogurt Parfait Creations.  Or Yogurt Soft Serve Parfaits...(!)


             PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA BANANA SOFT SERVE YOGURT PARFAIT


This one is actually my favorite because I love all things peanut butter.  The granola added the perfect amount of crunchy texture and the fat in the peanut butter will satisfy your stomach for hours :)

-Blend one frozen banana in the food processor
-Add 4 tablespoons of greek yogurt on the bottom of your dish
-Sprinkle granola (I used homemade) on top of yogurt
-Add half of the blended frozen banana on top
-Melt 2 tablespoon peanut butter in microwave and pour on top of banana
-Sprinkle more granola on top
*I always use stevia in my yogurt to add an extra sweet taste rather than tart
*Save the other half of the blended frozen banana for the chocolate coconut sundae!



                CHOCOLATE COCONUT BANANA SOFT SERVE YOGURT PARFAIT


Don't get me wrong... this one is still drool worthy!  The coconut adds a subtle sweetness.   The cocoa nibs (or you can use dark chocolate shavings) balance out the creaminess of the banana/yogurt with the perfect crunch.

Same thing as the peanut butter and granola sundae
-Yogurt on the bottom
-1 tbsp Coconut in the middle
-The other half of the blended frozen banana
-1 tbsp coconut and 1 tbsp cocoa nibs on top
*I sprinkled cinnamon on it after I took the picture!

Each Sundae/parfait is 200-350 calories depending on your toppings.
Please make this when you want a sweet treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment