Friday, April 8, 2011

Chlorella Smoothie

I don't know if you have seen a pattern here throughout the short amount of time BAWS has been blogging, but if you are an observer, you will notice I eat A LOT of dark green vegetables.  Greens are filled with something called Chlorella... tiny single celled algae that is green in color.  Chlorella has tons of enzymes, protein and chlorophyll.  Because chlorella has so many vitamins in it, it is able to aid in muscle growth, stimulate the production of red blood cells in our body, and help improve/strengthen our immune system.  It also makes your skin glow and helps keep your organs clean. Pretty cool if you ask me.  One way I like to get my greens in is through smoothies... for breakfast or after workouts.  Please know that you do not taste the spinach in the smoothie in any way! Promise.
First I start off with 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt and a tablespoon of almond butter...
Then I blend one frozen banana, 2 large handfuls of spinach, 1 cup of almond milk, couple drops of stevia (natural sweetener you can find at Whole Foods) and 1 scoop protein powder in a blender.  Pour half of the smoothie on the yogurt and top with cocoa nibs...
Refrigerate the other half of the blended smoothie and drink for a snack later in the day.
Looking at how green and vibrant that smoothie looks make me happy knowing I am feeding my body well!
Slurp up!

No comments:

Post a Comment