I hope this post finds everyone well! Last night was another FRC session and we learned about sugar, dairy, digestion, alcohol and genetics. Wow, what a jammed packed meeting, but lots to think about and enough to make a major impact in our lives!
Most of my knowledge comes from the education I have received from the eight years I have been in this profession, but I also nose dive into any book that claims to have great health tips, strategies or bundles of nutrition information. With that said, I do not believe every sentence that is written, nor do I follow all the tips in every book. I take what I know works and I pass the information along.
I wanted to share four of my favorite books with you that have helped change my life.
We as Americans follow a horrible diet that it filled with toxins and sugar. This book is such an easy read and reminds you exactly how we should be eating without all the additives and preservatives.
Kris Carr is one fantastic woman who is battling stage IV cancer. She has drastically changed her life and prevented more cancer spots from growing by reducing stress, eating a vegetable based diet, and taking time for exercise/meditation. This book is jammed packed with a ton of information and she will make you laugh out loud!
Brendan Brazier is a triathlete who eats a plant based diet as well. He lays out what you should be eating everyday through writing up nutrition plans and takes time to talk about each food, where is is derived from, how it affects your body and how you can cook it. I read this book three times!
Yes, I am a fan of this book. Bethenny not only is very witty, but she has a great head on her shoulders when it comes to her relationship with food. She provides great strategies and tips for when you are at parties, during the holidays and even during those emotional days when you feel like you could eat a whole box of chocolates. She feels you can eat whatever you want... in moderation.
Very funny and an easy read.
There you have it. I have read many many other books, but these fall among my favorites. Check them out if your interested and let me know what you think!




No comments:
Post a Comment