How blah are those colors? I can tell you this much... it tasted waaay better than it looked! The pork was pan browned in olive oil, s&p and rosemary. Then I sauteed onion and apple in my favorite, coconut oil. On the side I had two slices of the apple with sunflower butter and some artichokes. I know random. Gotta go with what you have in the fridge. I have been getting better at using up weird leftover foods before I go to the store. Saves the money ;)
I am late posting because my computer is still slow at work and was not allowing me to do the blog thang. Nonetheless... better late that then never!
So, I have had a couple comments about my eating style and people were wondering why I am not afraid of eating so much fat. For example, bacon, coconut oil (so high in saturated fat), nuts and nut butters, avocado, olive oil, hamburgers, etc. I am not afraid of these healthy fats (repeat, healthy!!) because I watch my complex and simple carb intake and avoid sugars. There is no consumption of simple carbs on my end and I eat complex carbs that are only made up of veggies and sometimes berries/lower sugar fruits. Fats have no impact on your insulin levels so it promotes the burning of both dietary and stored (adipose) fat as fuel. Remember this... Your body burns carbs first, then fat and then protein. Carbs are important.. so keep them, but in veggie and fruit form only so your body can burn them easily and then quickly move on to burn fat, then protein. You can use fat as the majority energy variable in your diet. If you feel like you need more fuel and you have already covered your bases with carbs and protein... Reach for some healthy fats.
I have been eating this way for a little while now and can tell you, I feel wonderful :) I am not saying you have to follow exactly what I do, but if you try it out... you may be pleasantly surprised.
A couple of things I want to announce!!! (Feel my enthusiasm?)
Wed nights 7pm yoga and Thursday mornings 9:45am and 12:30pm yoga are effective starting tomorrow! Katie is BAWS's substitute teacher and will be here this week covering for Rachel (BAWS's new yoga instructor!) Please come check it out :)
Also, I am so excited to say that I will be moving this blog to another site that will be so much easier for you guys to comment and be a part of! I want to be able to have everyone involved and not just those that have a gmail account. This will be happening in the upcoming weeks :)
Sleep easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment