Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Calories burned in BAWS's classes

Hi!

I am having a great morning because I can not stop thinking about our free yoga class tonight at 7pm!  If you are planning to attend, please bring a mat if you have one... otherwise, I will provide them (I only have 12 and have no idea how many people are going to come).  

The members at BAWS have been asking me how many calories you burn in each class and what would be best for their individual goals.  I decided to break it down for you:
*Based on the average 150lb woman in a 50 minute class

Yoga-  200-350 calories depending on how aerobic it is and how intense you make it.    Yoga is perfect for everyone.  You strengthen and elongate your muscles, tone, gain flexibility, improve your posture and core strength, and enhance your mind control.  

Pilates-  250-350 calories are burned.  If anyone has taken my pilates class, I think it is safe to say we burn a little more towards the higher end :)  Pilates is great for toning and sculpting... especially around the midsection, hips and thighs.  It is also great for your posture and flexibility.

Zumba-  300-450 calories are burned.  This is one party of a workout!  You trim up everywhere, fun way to get cardio in, sculpt great calves, and have a ton of fun doing it.  Great way to unwind from your stressful day.

Tri-Athyn-  400-550 calories depending on the amount of weight you use and how hard you push yourself.  This class is kickboxing + weights + abs and stretching.  You will be sweating within 5 minutes of the workout!  This is a great class if you are looking to loose weight, tone up and have fun.

Bootcamp-  400-600 calories depending on how hard you push yourself.  This class has every single functional movement you can think of.  Everyday your workout is completely different.  You sweat, blast tons of calories, make your body move in ways that are natural, but challenging and become addicted!  

*Anyone can come to any class.  All workouts are scalable (adjusted to your performance level) and we are all here to improve in some way.  Try them all and figure which one suits you best!  Awesome special for the month of May.  $120 for you and a friend of unlimited classes ;)


My recent nourishment... not in any order... I just kept snapping pics of my food across the span of two days.  Food that is missing.. Sausage and peppers, broccoli chicken and avocado, nuts nuts and more nuts (I need to go to rehab for nut addiction), eggs and veggies.


Chocolate Berry Bomb Smoothie


Paleo Cereal (Yes, I eat with a measuring spoon.  Ahem, whatever is clean)


Kinda Cobb Salad


Grilled Chicken eaten cold straight out of a bag!  You gotta do what you gotta do.  I am realizing you guys are going to really find out the type of person I am through this little blog.  Could be good, could be bad.  Tune in!

My food has been repetitive and nothing fancy.  I will come up with some good stuff for you to look at!
Hey hey, I'll see YOU tonight ;)


2 comments:

  1. Great idea to post the calories burned in each class! I'm thinking I want to try that Tri-Athyn class one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it do it do it! Can you hear me chanting?! Hahaha, can't wait to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete