Wooooo. What a day, what a day. I was faced with many challenges, but bulldozed through them and chose to look at the day with the glass half full. Of course, its easy to do that when I had some chocolate seed brittle to snack on :)
This is me just starting to talk with tech support for my computer at work. It is acting wonky (it shouldn't.. it is only 2 months old!) Happy that I didn't have to wait long for service...
This is me 5 minutes into when when I realized the service was less than stellar... okay, horrible.
This is me when I keep getting transferred to people I can not understand 25 minutes into it...
45 minutes later and I am reminding myself to breathe and to be happy because I have paleo chocolate seed brittle waiting for me in the fridge :)
(Not that food should ever really justify good or bad feelings, but this time... it did!)
-1 large square of Ghiradelli Chocolate
-1 tsp coconut oil
-1 tbsp sunflower seed butter (or any kind you wish)
-1 tbsp chia seeds
-1 tbsp flax seeds
-2 tbsp sunflower seeds
-handful of large coconut flakes
-small dash of cinnamon
-splash of vanilla
(you can add nuts/dried fruit/sea salt if you wish)
Put chocolate, coconut oil, seed/nut butter, cinnamon and vanilla in a small pot... flame on low. Keep stirring so the chocolate doesn't burn. Once melted, take off the flame and stir in all the seeds and coconut. Stir and then place on parchment paper and put in freezer for 20 minutes. Take out and break into brittle pieces. Keep in fridge.
*(My brittle was not sweet because it was low in sugar. If you want yours sweet, add in agave nectar or honey)*
Lunch before the agitating phone calls.
Chicken Sausage with sauteed veggies.
Also consumed today... Protein shake after working out, roasted chicken and spinach for dinner, carrots and nut butter after dinner. Hungry day, huh?!
'Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment