Sunday, May 22, 2011

First BAWS Giveaway!!

Hiya!



Peace Valley Park was the place I decided to TRY to run 12 miles yesterday.  It was an epic FAIL!  And I am okay with that.  You see, if you have been following this blog, you will know that I have been trying to stay away from grains and sugar.  Well, yesterday I convinced myself that I would need good hearty carbohydrates to fuel my long run (maybe I just wanted bread, who knows).  I went to town on a large bagel with cream cheese for breakfast and then before the run, I ate a LARAbar (awesome raw fuel bar).  Well about a 1/2 mile into the run, my body started to tell me in a very awful way that it was mad at me for feeding it foods that I have been trying to avoid for the past several weeks.  Talk about cramping, shooting pains, nausea, the list goes on.  I tried to push through and winded up doing a very sloooow 8 miles... walk/run style.  You win some and you loose some, but I do know now that I am on the right track of eating paleo.  Ps-  My stomach is still killing me today.



I was loving being outside.  I am such a nature gal :)

Let's see here... breakfast was...


An egg white omelet with onions and peppers, half an avocado and two strips of bacon.


While making lunch, I popped a handful of sunflower seeds in my mouth.  Lunch itself was actually just 1/4 of the avocado (other 1/4 went to my mom) the cutest small pepper and salmon salad wrapped in beet greens.  This was the first time I had beet greens, but I really liked them.  They tasted just like raw spinach, but a tad thicker.  I hear they are one of the best greens for you.  I'm all about that.


I am so excited to announce Work It's first giveaway!  How it works:

1.  Like Bryn Athyn Workout Studio's Facebook page. 
2.  Get as many of your friends/relatives to like it as well.   When they do, tell them to say who sent them.  Example:  Jessica reads my blog.  She will "like" BAWS's page on facebook and spread the word to her friends.  Her friend Melissa "likes" the page and writes "Jess sent me."
3.  The person who gets the most friends to like BAWS's fb page will win the giveaway which is...
one dozen Protein BAWS!  

Yay!  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment