Happy Friday!
I have absolutely no plans for the weekend except to work Saturday morning at BAWS, but that, I do not mid at all! I hope I see your smiling faces early Sat morning ready to kick some pilates/bootcamp booty ;)
I forgot my camera at work so I will just haaaave (sarcasm) to post again tonight with some pics of my eats for the day.
Since it is Friday and since you ate oh so well during the week (!), I will leave you with a delectable, irresistible, and mouth watering treat for the weekend. This dessert is not paleo, however, I have made some changes to it to make it a little more figure and colon friendly. Check it out. Wait! Just don't forget to make the changes to the recipe :)
Instant Chocolate Cake on the Food Network
My changes to the recipe:
1/4 cup wheat flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tbsp milk (2%)
3 tbsp coconut oil
Vanilla extract and salt
Yesssss! I love that it is ONE mug and the perfect portion size!
So, I am not going to turn this little blog into my diary or get sappy on all of you, but when I not feeling up to par, I get out a little book called "The Book of Awakening." Its an uplifting tool for me because everyday it has a new quote and then describes what the meaning of the quote holds. I always seem to be able to address my issues with the words in the book. Todays quote was awesome and just what I needed to feel grounded again.
"When cut in two."
The cut worm forgives the plow. -William Blake
My take on the quote...
I think worms are the ugliest things and think its creepy they can move without arms or legs. I guess they have a tight core! I have a serious problem with them because when I was little, my family was heading home from church and it had been raining all week (remind you of this week?). As soon as we pulled into the driveway, my sister (Jess) and I stormed into the house without wiping our shoes at the back door and caused our mother's blood to boil because she kept the house so tidy. I then fell to the ground and started playing with our family dog. Being a bully that she was, my sister came up to me and pretended she was going to stomp on my face. Of course, I belted out a blood curdling scream and a worm fell from the treads of her shoe into my mouth!!! I know! Disgusting... Ever since that day, my stomach turns when I see a worm.
However, after reading this quote, I think I have found a new "like" for worms. You see, they are very cool because they are the only creatures that can grow from being cut. If you cut a worm in half, it mysteriously forms itself into two separate worms. The worm takes something awful (pain, discomfort and a challenge) and heals itself into something amazing, brilliant and has a new life to live. Everyone has their own story that is filled with roller coaster highs and lows. How are we going to deal with it? Pick ourselves up and build a new you... healing is hard, but a necessity of life. Nature is wild and we can learn a lot from it if we take time to observe and be closer to it because things come naturally to them and they do not force issues (pertaining to the quote yesterday).
Have a spectacular afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment