HAAAAY!!!
Bah, too much for the morning? ... Toning it down for ya...
Hi :)
I'm feeling good, yall.
I have been eating highly nutritious foods and my mood is peachy :)
Wanna peek at what I've been feeding myself?
Chia seed chocolate paleo pudding for dessert last night after yoga.
-2 tbsp chia seeds
-1 tsp cocoa powder
-1/2 cup almond milk
-small handful of blueberries
-coconut flakes
-dash of cinnamon
-sprinkle of vanilla extract
-3 squirts of stevia
Let it sit for about a 1/2 hour, mix then chow time.
This morning I gladly ate some power food around 5:45am. Turkey wrapped around avocados and sauteed peppers and onions
I fed my grumbling stomach again around 10am with an iced decaf coffee and the best snack! I didn't want it to end.
Remember my paleo coconut bread I made a couple of weeks ago? Well, I froze half of it and knew it was time to finish it up. I dunked it in the most awesome almond butter sauce I whipped together :)
You take one tablespoon of almond butter, a splash of your preferred milk (mine is almond), dash of cinnamon, splash of vanilla extract and two drops of stevia. Whisk it for about a minute. You will get the creamiest, fluffiest almond butter sauce with only 100 calories. Confession... a couple of my fingers were dunked into this one!
My lunch will be a two egg salad and chopped fresh peppers.
Wow, I am going to have one happy and healthy belly!
My secret to weight loss.
I have come to the conclusion that weight loss is fairly easy if you do not focus on it through a vanity standpoint. When you want to be completely healthy from the inside out.. thats how you have to approach it. Eat the foods you know will compliment your body's needs and wants. If you have a healthy body, or disease, or injury, or need to lose weight... think of how that food will affect your insides before you eat it. The more I think about food from a fueling, healing and nutritious aspect, the easier the weight comes off. When you are focused on the scale, stupid numbers and the mirror, negative thoughts swarm your mind and you are stuck in a vicious cycle.
Just think... will this salad fill my body will great vitamins and help cure my cold (for example) or will this coffee cake make me feel better? I think we all know the answer. Chose one meal at a time.
I will be back later with a reader's request about thyroid issues.


Julie, you need to divulge your egg salad recipe! Please :)
ReplyDeleteHi, Lisa!
ReplyDeleteTwo hard boiled eggs chopped, 2-3 tbsp creamy avocado sauce (you can find the recipe for that on the blog.. about 5 days ago I believe), relish and Mc Cormicks steak seasoning. So delicious!
Thank you! Off to look for the avocado sauce recipe…
ReplyDelete