Thursday, May 5, 2011

Shhh....

Take time today to calm your body and mind.  5 minutes of alone time whether it be yoga (by the way... our free yoga class last night rocked!  Keep your eye out for the new yoga schedule.), laying still in your bed, writing in a journal, walking.... or going all out in a hardcore workout (I like this) is the best gift you can give to yourself.
After BAWS's yoga class last night, I was alive with feel good endorphins.  I felt like the whole room was giving off great energy.  Even though sometimes it was tough and we had to dig deep to hold certain poses, we all did it together.  We also did it individually.  I left the studio feeling closer to the individuals I practiced with but also like I need some work in the yoga field.   BUT,  I was ready to take on the challenge to become stronger physically and mentally in a different way and realm I never wandered before.  :)  Pretty exciting if you ask me.  Many people may be discouraged when they leave a class at BAWS, but I always see them back.  You know why?  Because they are fighters and want to better themselves in one way or another.  I also suspect they had a tad bit of fun!  Remember, we never stop learning and growing!

I took my time today and had a really peaceful walk with my good pregnant friend during lunchtime.  It was so beautiful outside.  Also, this morning I was trying to clear my mind and breathe for 2 minutes until I was interrupted by this little monster...


Let me introduce you to my niece, Whitney!  The only time she is shy is when you are trying to take a picture of her.  Love.

Yummy Breakfast.
Egg white, veggie and ham fritatta.
Avocado on the side



The best lunch.
Sauteed vegetables, grilled rosemary and garlic chicken, and 2 slices of chopped apple and 1 slice of bacon


Washed it down with Coconut water


Snack this afternoon will be an avocado :)


I made coconut flour bread.  It is made with coconut flour which is really low in carbs because I am trying to stay away from grains (I feel better and my insulin spikes are almost non existent).  Pretty dense, but worth it if you too are watching the carbs.  If anyone wants the recipe, I will list it.


Have an amazing day and take some shhhh time to yourself ;)

2 comments:

  1. Coconut Flour Paleo Bread

    Ingredients

    1 cup coconut flour
    1/4 cup coconut milk
    1/2 cup coconut oil (or unsalted softened butter)
    6 eggs, beaten
    2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    How-To

    Preheat the oven to 350°.
    Mix all ingredients together.
    Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

    Courtesy of chocolate&arrots Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete